What is STORY?
Strategic Tactics of Obesity Reduction in Youth! S.T.O.R.Y. – is an innovative program that has been funded by the Carol M. White PEP grant and implemented by the Community Students Learning Center to help the children in Holmes County, MS!
Did you know that one third of the nation’s children are carrying too much weight? Unfortunately, childhood obesity in America is at epidemic levels. In Fact, according to the National Survey of Children’s Health, Mississippi’s childhood obesity rates are the highest in the nation. This is devastating; however, we cannot and will not give up!
S.T.O.R.Y is working hard to combat childhood obesity. Please join us and share the ways that we fight OBESITY on a daily basis!
CSLC’s goals include:
- to provide innovative and state of the art researched based curriculum and equipment to the children in Holmes County,
- to increase and maintain the minutes of physical fitness activity that are needed in the lives of children,
- to expose children to various ways to implement physical activity in their daily lives
- to provide children with proper nutrition education, and
- to give our children a chance at a longer and healthier life!